Rosie Update: Sweet Rosie's Evil Eye

This is Rosie - Giving me the Evil Eye.
Last weekend, Rosie gave me the evil eye (or, as folks a good deal younger than I am like to say, the "stank eye"). I never get the evil eye - not from my animals anyway. However, with Rosie and her compadres, I made a mistake. I woke them from their nap, and they were not happy. Freddie, Barley, and Edelweiss stretched, rooted around a moment, and wandered off to the waterer. Rosie just stood and looked at me. I was sure at first that she was standing and looking at me because she likes me so much. As I drew closer to capture a photo of the joy in Rosie's eyes at the sight of the one who provides her with all the good things that a growing pig needs, I realized that she was irritated; she was giving me the evil eye!
This is the nap that I interrupted. 
Our sounder of piglets has two favorite brush piles right now. One is much larger than the other, and the pigs rotate back and forth between them. I don't know why; they haven't told me yet. I do know that I love the way these pigs live. They root and rest, in the shade or in the sun, in the grass or in the woods, in the brush or in the mud. They go have a drink, and then they do it again. It seems that the chickens are always busy. The pigs? No way. The pigs are a bit like four-legged hobbits. They go from resting to napping to eating and drinking and back to resting and napping. They do it on their own schedule too. They do what they like when they like to do it, except when I mess it up. I'm trying to do better. I don't want to get the evil eye again.
Rosie and Edelweiss stripping the leaves off some briars.

Comments