Rosie's Caribbean Vacation

We don't travel much. We don't need to; we have pigs. I read and think about a lot of things. My wife and kids think that I read too much and think too long. I'm always wanting to wait a little longer and learn a little more. They are always wanting to go ahead and do. When it works out, I say that we complement each other well. When it doesn't, I blame it on them and they laugh at me. It's a nice arrangement.
Rosie Snorkeling
Since we have pigs, I read a great deal about taking care of pigs. Pig people are serious people, and they have very definite ideas about the wrong ways and the right way to take care of their pigs. Discussions about watering pigs, for example, can get pretty hot. I'll spare you the details and the links, but you can see our watering system in the picture above. Rosie likes it. You see, Rosie likes to snorkel, and that's what got me thinking about pigs and Caribbean vacations. Snorkeling has always seemed to me a remarkably efficient way to drown oneself, but it makes sense to the people who do it and they seem happy doing it. Pigs are the same way. They don't always make sense to me, but they seem happy doing what they do. Rosie and the boys will spend a good part of their day with their heads buried up to their eyeballs in dirt, and then they'll snorkel (as you see Rosie doing in the photo above).
They aren't palm trees, but they're mighty nice.
Sometimes they go rebury their heads in the dirt; sometimes they retire to one of their brush piles. In any case, whether it makes sense to me or not, they enjoy what they do. The proof? Look at these pictures. Do you really think that factory farm pigs ever enjoy themselves this much or rest this easy? It's a Caribbean vacation in the foothills of North Carolina.

Rosie and Edelweiss Resting After a Day in the Sun, Shade, Dirt, and Water


Comments